Codexiq is a software service agency which provides online services related to it's commercial activities. You access Codexiq services by creating an account on the website (codexiq.co.uk). All services and content of the website are owned and controlled by Codexiq Systems, a company registered in England and Wales (11543514).
Your personal information is just that, personal, and we treat it with the same care we treat our own information. However to tailor and continually improve our services to you, we do collect and use some information about you.
We take reasonable care in keeping this information secure and preventing unauthorized access or unlawful use of it. All personal information is processed by us in accordance with data protection legislation applicable in the UK.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller for the website is Codexiq Systems Ltd.
What information do we collect and use from you directly?
Codexiq requests data from you during the account registration process. We store and use data fields including; "first name", "last name", "email address", "telephone".
We may also store information about you when you subscribe to services (such as email or SMS updates), or when you get in touch with us via phone, email, social media or otherwise.
We do not store credit card information.
What information do we collect through your use of our services?
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories…
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware make & model, operating system version, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network information. This is so we can continually improve your experience of the online service.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity and type of browser.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a website traffic monitoring service provided by Google, which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or assosciate your IP address with any other dat held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help understand website traffic and webpage usage.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information collected through Codexiq to…
- provide our services or information you request.
- respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service.
- monitor and analyse usage and trends, and to personalise and improve your experience of Codexiq services, including our website.
- send you updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services.
What information do we share with third parties?
We do not and will not share the personal information we have collected from you except for the purposes set out below…
- With service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation, or the improvement in the operation, of our site or our services (these service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes).
- We may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, affiliate marketing and other similar purposes (in which case the information is to be aggregated to the extent you are non-identifiable).
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders. Before any such disclosure takes place, the police are required to demonstrate that the personal data concerned will assist them in this respect. Each police request to Codexiq Systems Ltd is dealt with on a strictly case-by-case basis to ensure that any such disclosure is lawful and in accordance with the DPA and / or GDPR.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
What steps do we take to protect your information online?
We take all reasonable measures to protect your personal information to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Where we store your information
Your account details are stored on secure servers within the United Kingdom. As mentioned above, information collected and stored through Google Analytics is stored on servers in the United States.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provided to us that is associated with your account.
You may receive emails from us, about your account, our services and other relevant information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
If you want to delete your information and your account, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your account and information. We will take steps to delete your information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived copies for our records and as otherwise required by law.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer your information to the United Kingdom and process it there.
Effective: 1st September 2018